Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Research Phase

No, I have not died. I haven't blogged in a few days because my husband and I are in Shelby, NC getting training on healthy lifestyle eating from Hallelujah Acres. With no time for writing, I still have time early in the morning for some Bible study.


What I found is a mother lode of information, in, of all books, Job!


Job 11: 1 and 2 talks about people who use a "multitude of words and babble". I guess there is nothing new under the sun because we still have such people who yammer and yammer and they are not even auctioneers for a living. No one liked them in Job's day, and his book may be the oldest written book in the Bible. And no one likes people who yammer today, either.


Another verse, that follows the last one, got my attention because it reminds me of something my father used to say. If I were to ask him for permission to go somewhere he didn't want me to go, he would laughingly say, "When hair grows on my palm, you can go."


We used to say we were going to keep track of all the times he said that and then paste some hair on his palm when he was napping. We never did, but it would have been fun.


The verse in Job says: "But a stupid man will get understanding when a wild donkey's colt is born a man! To me, this means a stupid man will never get understanding. (Like my father said, “When hair grows on my palm, a donkey’s colt will be born a man, not a colt!) If you get it, email me so I'll know someone appreciates my weird sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment