Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wisdom from Kenya

My friend, Dr. Nyaki Adeya-Weya, just posted this on her Facebook page,
"Our politicians should listen to the wise man who said 'why don't you put your brains to work and give your tongue a rest. Do not say anything before you are sure your word is worth more than your silence'".


The problem is universal the world over. People talk before they think; people act before they think.


MY Bible says, "Haste is never of God." I cling to that when I am tempted to speed up. I am almost always tempted to speed up. That is my perennial challenge: to wait for the best time, the best place, and the best way.


Of course, we could argue all day and night as to what the "BEST" is. For me, the best is that way that gives me peace and a deep sense that this is what I need to do. When my intuition and my sense of God wants is working, then I achieve it. When I'm out of sorts with myself and God, it is hard to achieve.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment