Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Self-Assessment

Most people don't have a clue as to what they sound like. Why is this important? You may incur consequences you don't intend if you don't know how and why people react to you the way they do.


Here is a self-assessment that may help. If you want me to help you figure out the significance of your results, just contact me through this blog and I'll be glad to help.


Self-evaluation


A. Do people listen to me? When? Why? For how long?


B. How’s my voice: volume, variety, pitch, rate, resonance?


C. Does my body get in the way? Alignment” Image?


D. Do I have and use an open face? Eyes?


E. Is my breathing effective for the best voice use?


F. Do I have a hidden agenda? Does it show? Where do I put it?


G. Do I have fears that keep me from connecting with people?


H. What’s my energy level? Does it help or hurt me?


I. Am I comfortable with my persona? Do I have one?


J. What do I do with my problems when I am communicating?


K. How’s my focus and concentration when communicating?

No comments:

Post a Comment