Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Magic Begins

First, if you haven't signed up to follow this blog, please do. That way you don't have to remember to find it when you are curious. It will remember you. Only 3 people have registered to follow this blog but I hope that more will follow and not just be one time lookers.

The last time I began a venture on the scale of this book writing season of my life was in 1983 when I began a professional theatre company in Alexandria, VA. Once I dedicated the process to God, doors began to open that I couldn't possibly have foreseen. I remember developing a business plan, the first I had ever done, and in the process of getting endorsements, I stumbled on the best friend of the developer who was considering giving us free space.

Who could plan that? With the best friend's endorsement and other business leaders in lockstep, the developer gave us free space for 9 years (under my tenure) worth more than $60,000 per year. There are scores of examples of these kinds of "coincidences" that were the invisible made visible to us. Money, supplies, talent, supporters, and the review that launched our success, "Better than Broadway", were unexpected, amazing and blessings.

So, after my initial posting yesterday, I am humbled that the process of "guided steps" is beginning again. I know that God guides and all I have to do is follow.
More than 95 people have read my blog today and more than 75 did so yesterday.
I have another blog to recommend which has incredible information and was given to me by published authors who I respect incredibly. And I have the phone number to schedule my first talk radio interview. That's in the first 24 hours.

Here are the details. Look at the blog by Rich Frishman. His personality is so large it just pops off the screen. He has conferences and I am hoping to attend his NYC one in the late spring. He "guarantees" that if you attend you will have one book published in a year. Sounds like he's in a fantasy land, but, if my friends who are VERY well-respected authors think there is something in his conference for them, I'm on board.

Rich has links to further information all through his blog and you can sign up easily for regular delivery. Quoting from his blog:
"100% money back guarantee http://www.author101university.com"
Subscribe at http://www.rickfrishman.com and receive Rick's "Million Dollar Rolodex"
I did that today and already the volume of useful information is overwhelming and necessary.

As for the radio interview, Armstrong Williams, radio talk show host and long time friend and colleague, has given me the phone number of his producer to call and schedule a pre-book publishing interview. YIPPEE!

Another friend and author from the UK has advised me to write the "blurb" about the book quickly. I plan to do that tomorrow so look for that posting. That will help me market the book, describe the book and target my efforts. Her book, Live Life Big, or Stay in Bed: Realizing and Releasing Potential in Women by Heather Puffett and Hazel Pattison, is very useful for women who need mentoring and for mentors who need to know how to mentor. (It's available on Amazon.)

Next post is the "to do list" that came out of yesterday's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment