Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Writing Discoveries

When do I write the best? In the morning. I'm sharpest with the most energy in the morning. I can write any time of day, as I am writing this at 6 PM, but my favorite time is also the morning because it's quiet and I feel like I get a "jump" on the day.
Strength Finders identified "achiever" as one of my top strengths, so if I have been productive, like written several pages in the morning, I feel like I've had a good day. And it's only morning! So I have the opportunity to have more successes before the day is over.

Since it's still February and I have an outline, a blurb, and 10 pages written, I figure I can have at least 150 pages by the end of March, writing about 5 pages a day. That will almost be the whole book.

If you are the kind of person who likes to pray and since you are reading this, you might care about me, please pray that I adhere to this schedule.

I have also discovered that it's best not to stop writing until I have at least one breakthrough per session. Today I had 2. That's BIG!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you being and feeling productive. You have a lot of wisdom to offer and lots of rich experience to draw from. Looking forward to the finished product!

    ReplyDelete